Wind (current)

August 5th - Cooper's Hawk...Maybe.

Today's only hawk sighting was that of a lone Cooper's Hawk.  It appeared to be doing a lot of hunting which gives me the impression that it might be a local bird.  It was quite tattered looking so I'll know it again if I see it.  I'll keep an eye out for it over the next few weeks.

It was a good day for 'other' bird sightings with 7 new species added to the list.  Also 2 new butterflies were spotted today.

Red-breasted Nuthatch, Black-capped Chickadee, Warbling Vireo, Chipping Sparrow, Belted Kingfisher, Herring Gull, and Cooper's Hawk.

American Lady and Wild Indigo Duskywing.

This morning I had a wonderful visit with Rob & Angie and this afternoon my 'butterflying' friend Susan was in the park.

Walter

1 comment:

Angie in T.O. said...

I could seriously spend the whole day there chasing butterflies in the gardens.

You forgot to mention the adorable bunnies running around.

See you next month. :)