Wind (current)

August 17th - Our Raptor Watch Made The 6 O'Clock News!

No bird movement to report today but we did however make the news. I was interviewed by Andrew Lawson of CTV News for a story about the Watch that was aired on the 6:00 and 11:30 news. They did an excellent job of piecing everything together and thankfully our local Red-tailed Hawk put on a show for Andrew to film. Betty made a cameo appearance. Hope you all saw it. Due to the heat and humidity today, I was snoozing late the afternoon and almost missed the clip. I guess all we can do now is sit back and wait for the crowds to show up!

Today only 23 species of birds were observed and 6 species of butterflies. Of note, the Monarchs appear to be slowly building up in numbers along the bluffs and getting ready to make the big trip south to Mexico.

I would like to thank Andrew for coming down today and doing the story on our Raptor Watch, Betty for hanging around and helping me out while I was being interviewed, and Berle for the nice long chat we had while nothing was happening.

The weather forecast for the next couple of days does not look too promising for raptor movement, if the forecast holds, next Tuesday might be a good day. I'll be at the park again early tomorrow and over the next few days just in case the birds try to prove me wrong.


Walter

No comments: