Wind (current)

Slow Morning...13 Raptors

I left by noon,it was very slow. Ann,Pat,Nancy,Lorne and Betty all joined me briefly. I was bored enough that between 8am and 9am I counted 700 Blue Jays go past and 4 Common Loons. No local birds were seen this morning until I was on my way out of the park,when a Turkey Vulture came low over the park. There was a flurry of Golden-crowned and Ruby-crowned Kinglets,mixed with some warblers in nearby trees. A confused Double Crested Cormorant was flying in formation with Canada Geese looking just like it belonged. 2 Peregrine Falcons interacting were the best birds a slow morning.

Sightings today included:
4-Northern Harrier
3-Sharpshinned Hawk
2-American Kestrel
2-Merlin
2-Peregrine Falcon
13-Total Raptors

It is time Peregrine Falcons migrated. If you are down at the park,look low and close to the bluff for them to go by. Friday-Sunday still look promising.

No comments: