Wind (current)

Sept 16-18 Count 51 Year To Date 1228



The last few days migration conditions have been poor,and the birds knew it. I was happy to meet Leslie and Mike Kinrys,see old friends Terry and Elizabeth Sheils,meet Art Slack and Len and Mary(?). With varying degrees of success all saw at least a few raptors. Today I managed decent shots of a local(uncounted) American Kestrel and an Osprey which I did my best to follow in focus as it co-operatively circled above the park. The periods sightings included:
Osprey.........................2
Northern Harrier...........2
Sharpshinned Hawk....32
Coopers Hawk.............2
American Kestrel.........13

Hopefully after the rains clear out more great count days will come. The 2 Osprey I saw today put me over 50 for the seasons count.

No comments: