Wind (current)

Oct 5th - Thankyou!

Hey everyone it's me Walter!

First off, I'd like to say thankyou for all the well wishes and the support while I've been down and out.  It's been a real pleasure for me knowing that you all have been behind me.  Also, I'd like to give a big thankyou to those who came to visit me in hospital even though I may not have at the time been able to visit with you.  Those visits were very special to me.  To those who phoned me in the hospital or at least tried too, I say thankyou.  If you didn't get through, it's because they moved me to another room.

I'd like to thank everyone for your efforts to be at the Watch, get the numbers and report the birds, I know it's not always that easy.  And lastly, another big thankyou goes out to those who've updated this blog.  You have no idea how you've made my return to the blog so simply and easy.  Thankyou everyone!!!

On we go with today's report...

Today:
Merlin - 1

To Date:
Turkey Vulture - 213
Osprey - 89
Bald Eagle - 55
Northern Harrier - 112
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 2038
Cooper's Hawk - 12
Northern Goshawk - 0
Red-shouldered Hawk - 0
Broad-winged Hawk - 88
Red-tailed Hawk - 21
Rough-legged Hawk - 0
Golden Eagle - 1
American Kestrel - 272
Merlin - 77
Peregrine Falcon - 22
Total - 3000

The Golden Eagle that was seen on Sep 30th is only our second during the last 2 weeks of September since BIGFRANK started the Hawk Watch in 2004.  Pretty early but pretty darn cool!

Other Birds:
Blue Jay - 1500

Butterflies:
Nothing of note

Mammals:
Nothing of note

Hawkwatchers:
Bill, Mark, Carol, Berle, Arvo, Terry, Diane and Wendy

Weather Prediction:
Oct 6th - drizzle, then becoming cloudy with sunny breaks, W 5-10km/h (theweathernetwork.com)

As I am nearly back to 100% but still in recovery mode, I ask for your continued presence and support at the Hawk Watch over the next several days.  At this time I'm not exactly sure what day I'll be returning to the park.  Thankyou everyone once again.

Your hawkwatching and birding friend,
Walter

No comments: